Announcing the Bunko Challenge!
Bunko has been a great tool for gathering people, mixing them up and having an hour of fun and laughter. Some say that golfing is a top social mixing tool, but Bunko might have it beat! Some of you have experienced the fun of Bunko. It may the best kept secret for building relationships with people. Old people, middle aged people and young people. We recently had 36 high school students over for Bunko. Herein I’m compelling you with the Bunko Challenge.
Set a Bunko date, get on Facebook, go to email, walk the neighborhood, distribute invites at work and fill your living room with a mix that includes unchurched people. How fun and fulfilling would it be to build friendships with unchurched people in such an environment?! Get one under your belt and your confidence and wisdom will soar. Then as a part of the Bunko challenge, set a goal of one outreach “party” a month. If you have another tool thats better or just as good for you (Basketball for Colin, Caleb and Mike) then by all means put that tool to work every month. Then pray for insight on how to mix in just a few moments of spirituality. Remember, light is meant to shine in darkness.
Here’s a few soft evangelism ideas you could employ at the end of a party/gathering:
1. Announce a 3 week study on leadership at your house. (Use John Maxwell video’s)
2. Announce a 3 week study on Finance or relevant topic. (Use video curriculum if desired)
3. Offer prayer for anyone with a need. Pass out a blank paper and welcome them to write down any need you could be praying about. This could give you the open door to follow up afterward with those who are the most needy and open.
4. Invite them back to the house for a cool video (new movie Soul Survivor). Choose a movie that has a very light spiritual message, but promotes goodness, love and the kind of restoration that God loves. Facing the Giants, Fireproof your Marriage, The Blind Side.
5. Invite them to nothing spiritual. Announce the next Bunko night and just keep building relationships with these people, all the while causing your light to shine. Get their email address, Facebook them, and begin to show them unconditional love. Encourage them to invite their friends to the next Bunko night.