SD Gordon, among others, has said, successful service is just how we collect the spoils, the results of prayer and proclamation.
- Ushering brings order to the spoils
- Church services brings training and edification to the spoils
- Christian School brings education to the spoils
- Meeting with the Mayor is an open door due to prayer
- Cleaning and preparing the building is so we can host the spoils
- Ads on Google capture the attention of the spoils
Prayer is where the real action is.
- Prayer is where the war is won.
- Prayer is where the victory is gained.
- Prayer is where things are accomplished.
- Prayer is where the winning takes place.
We are never to put our trust in our ministry service.
- Never put our trust in a nice building.
- Never put our trust in nice clothes.
- Never put our trust in trained ushers.
- Never put our trust in a secure parking lot.
- Never put our trust in a Christian school.
- Never to put our trust in the eloquence of the sermon or the lack of eloquence
Proverbs 21: 31 The horse is prepared for the day of battle, But victory belongs to the LORD.
Psalm 147:10 He does not delight in the strength of the horse; He does not take pleasure in the legs of a man. The LORD favors those who fear Him, Those who wait for His lovingkindness.
Here in these verses, as with many such illustrations in the Word, God declares He wants us to do our part, but not until we’ve trusted in Him to do His part. It’s trusting in Him, engaging with Him and praying what He shows to pray that will cause the victory to come our way.