(This is a standalone part of a series. You can read the rest right here.)
The Bible says that we can learn how things are structured in the spiritual (invisible) realm by looking at the natural. That’s why Jesus spoke in parables. He was teaching spiritual lessons with natural parallels. The apostle Paul suggests that our enemy has levels of influence, or degrees of rule, much like our military.
Paul said our struggle is not with flesh and blood, but with several levels of demonic influence in the earth realm. It only makes military sense that you would find out the highest level of influence for any problem you are facing and take the battle to that level. This is a good military strategy.
Ephesians 6:12 – For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.
If this really is true, we must ask:
- What are the demons resisting the will of God?
- What is the highest level of authority I need to deal with so as to bring a deathblow to Satan’s plan and work?
- What are the subordinate levels of authority also, so I can deal a deathblow to them as well?
These are the questions you ask the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of truth and he will guide you into all truth. Our fellowship is to be with Him. If you need illumination on something hidden, then there are revelatory gifts of the Spirit to guide you into truth.
See I Corinthians 12 to study the “Spiritual gifts.”
As the Holy Spirit gives you guidance, victory can come as easily as just saying what He says to say, therefore getting into agreement with Him.
#1 Displacing Principalities:
There are princes over nations as is described in Daniel. These are the “commanders” in charge of the evil in a nation and at the top level.
Strong’s exhaustive concordance defines Princes: #746. Greek word; arche, ar-khay’; from G756; (prop. abstr.) a commencement, or (concr.) chief (in various applications of order, time, place or rank):–beginning, corner, (at the, the) first (estate), magistrate, power, principality, principle, rule.
One example of a principality would be the “prince” that we see in the book of Daniel. This might be a demon who would be given the assignment to influence a nation. Such a spirit would also have influence over people groups within a nation. So you might consider a “prince” as the governing power over geographical area, ethnic group or both. Can you note the leadership of different “spirits” in the nations?
- Early Europeans were known for idol worship and witchcraft.
- Modern Europeans are known for stoicism, distrust of God, unbelief and a veneration of knowledge.
- Native Americans have been known for alcoholism, idolatry and addictions.
- African nations are known for tribal hatred, witchcraft, sexual sin, violence, hatred and fighting.
- Tibet is known for spiritual fear, poverty, idolatry and subjection to demonic “gods”.
- Caribbean nations are known for Voodoo, witchcraft and poverty.
- India is known for poverty, reincarnation and the worship of animals.
- China is known for atheism, oppression, poverty and communism.
America is a nation with specific philosophies. Some of our guiding philosophies are godly, some aren’t.
America started as a God-fearing, Godly nation. Blessings were released upon America and she is known for many of these blessings throughout the world.
- America is known as the land of opportunity.
- America is known as the land of wealth.
- America is known as the land of personal prosperity.
We have, as a nation, backslid from the prayers and intentions of our the founding fathers. Therefore America has attributes disturbingly similar to the church of Laodacia, one of the seven churches spoken of in (Rev 3:14.)
- America is neither hot nor cold.
- America is lukewarm.
- America has all the symptoms of 2 Timothy 3.
- America is rich and in need of nothing, having lost her first love.
And we, through being self-sufficient, have denied the power of God. We don’t really need Him because we are doing well on our own.
We must declare a return to Father over America!
Let’s declare a return of the love of righteousness over America!
Declare a revival within the Church, the Houses of Zion.
Declare the Lord removing, rebuking and driving out the sources of complacency and backsliding.
It’s not too late for America! Let’s fight for the blessings we have been given, and for the fires of revival to stoke in our nation!
That’s it for today. Share it if you like it, subscribe above, and stay tuned for more! Happy Thanksgiving!
The post was excerpted in large part from my book “Move Your Mountains.” Stay tuned for a newly revised release in the future!