23. “If the church wants a better pastor, it only needs to pray for the one it has.”
24. “Seven days without prayer makes one weak.” Allen E. Vartlett
25. “Prayer is the real work, Evangelism is just the mopping up.”
26. “You may as soon find a living man that does not breath, as a living Christian that does not pray.” Matthew Henry
27. “Prayer will make a man cease from sin, or sin will entice a man to cease from prayer.” John Bunyon
28. “He who has learned to pray has learned the greatest secret of a holy and happy life.” William Law
29. “Prayer is not overcoming God’s reluctance, but laying hold of His willingness.” Martin Luther.
30. “There is not in the world a kind of life more sweet and delightful than that of a continual conversation with God.” Brother Lawrence
31. When asked how much time he spent in prayer, George Muller’s reply was, “Hours every day. But I live in the spirit of prayer. I pray as I walk and when I lie down and when I arise. And the answers are always coming.” Source Unknown.
32. “The one concern of the devil is to keep Christians from praying. He fears nothing from prayerless studies, prayerless work and prayerless religion. He laughs at our toil, mocks at our wisdom, but he trembles when we pray.” Samuel Chadwick
33. “I would rather teach one man to pray than ten men to preach.” Charles Spurgeon
34. “The man who mobilizes the Christian church to pray will make the greatest contribution to world evangelization in history.” Andrew Murray
35. “If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me.” (Robert Murray McCheyne)
36. “One day George Mueller began praying for five of his friends. After many months, one of them came to the Lord. Ten years later, two others were converted. It took 25 years before the fourth man was saved. Mueller persevered in prayer until his death for the fifth friend, and throughout those 52 years he never gave up hoping that he would accept Christ! His faith was rewarded, for soon after Mueller’s funeral the last one was saved.”