Authority part two:
HOW JESUS SOLVED THE AUTHORITY PROBLEM
- He presents believers righteous before the Father
- Christ could not delegate His power to someone not found worthy, nor to Adam.
Therefore for God to give us power over Satan and the curse, God had to solve the sin problem.
Your standing (position) before God and in life is no longer in who you are in the natural or who you were, but in Him.
2 Corinthians 5:16 Therefore from now on we recognize no man according to the flesh; even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him thus no longer. 17 Therefore if any man is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.
- The sin problem was imparted to us by Adam and propelled (empowered against us) by the Law and ordinances.
Romans 3:21 But now apart from the Law the righteousness of God has been manifested, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, 22 even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction; 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus;
Romans 5: 12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned–13 for until the Law sin was in the world; but sin is not imputed when there is no law. Nevertheless death reigned from Adam until Moses, even over those who had not sinned in the likeness of the offense of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come.
Galatians 3: 19 Why the Law then? It was added because of transgressions, having been ordained through angels by the agency of a mediator, until the seed should come to whom the promise had been made.20 Now a mediator is not for one party only; whereas God is only one.21 Is the Law then contrary to the promises of God? May it never be! For if a law had been given which was able to impart life, then righteousness would indeed have been based on law.22 But the Scripture has shut up all men under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.23 But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed.
- Christ did not come to do away with the law, but He fulfilled the law for us and removed the accusations against us.
Matt. 5: 17 “Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish, but to fulfill. “For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass away from the Law, until all is accomplished. 19 “Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and so teaches others, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Col. 1: 13 And when you were dead in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions, having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us and which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.
When He had disarmed the rulers and authorities, He made a public display of them, having triumphed over them through Him. Therefore let no one act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day– things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.
- After Christ fulfilled the requirements of the law He paid the penalty for our short comings.
Isaiah 53: 5 But He was pierced through for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; The chastening for our well-being fell upon Him, And by His scourging we are healed.
- Thus when we believe upon Him we are presented perfect/ righteous/ justified/ before God in Christ.
Heb 10: 10 By this will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. And every priest stands daily ministering and offering time after time the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins; but He, having offered one sacrifice for sins for all time, SAT DOWN AT THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD, waiting from that time onward UNTIL HIS ENEMIES BE MADE A FOOTSTOOL FOR HIS FEET. For by one offering He has perfected for all time those who are sanctified.
Col. 1: 19 For it was the Father’s good pleasure for all the fulness to dwell in Him, and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in heaven. And although you were formerly alienated and hostile in mind, engaged in evil deeds, yet He has now reconciled you in His fleshly body through death, in order to present you before Him holy and blameless and beyond reproach– if indeed you continue in the faith firmly established and steadfast, and not moved away from the hope of the gospel that you have heard, which was proclaimed in all creation under heaven, and of which I, Paul, was made a minister.
- You’ve got to get this point permanently fixed in your mind. Authority is often removed by discrediting or disqualifying the worth of the deputy. Be it a politician, executive, husband or wife.
- Satan plays the same game with you. He attacks your worth. If you fail or fall down watch out for His attack. If you fall for it then you’ll back down spiritually and take a more reserved stance.
- You must decide that your are worthy to reign in life and that you are not going to back down regardless of what happens. Believe it and say it.
- This correlates to the Helmet of Salvation and the breast plate of righteousness.